Our Quarterly Newspaper Dedicated to Seniors and Caregivers
ACCESS is a quarterly newspaper produced by the Area Agency on Aging 1-B and contains information of interest to seniors, adults with disabilities, and family caregivers. ACCESS is published in November, February, May and August. You can read our most recent issues below and also sign up to receive your free subscription to Access.
- Access Spring 2018
- Ways to avoid hospital readmission, making the most of your food dollar, grocery delivery services, Chronic Pain Management and other wellness classes.
Access Fall 2017
Caring for the caregiver, keeping loved ones with dementia engaged in life, Family Caregiver Expo preview, more.
- Access Winter 2017/2018
- Help when you’re grieving (with tips on how to get through the holidays) and the benefits of volunteering, pets, and laughter yoga.
- Access Summer 2017
- See the 2017 Annual Community Honorees, Deals for Seniors, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren, and much more.
- Access Spring 2017
- Romance after 50, discovering your inventive spirit, relief for caregivers (CCC classes), introducing MI FEAST, what’s going on at your senior center?
- Access Winter 2016
- Don’t gamble away your retirement, making friends as you age, the person you talk to when you call AAA 1-B, 10 keys to aging at home
- Access Fall 2016
- Exercising your voting privileges, Understanding your prescriptions, Caregiver Expo preview, support for LGBT older adults
- Access Summer 2016
- The “New” Senior, Leaving a Legacy, local leaders honored, Older Michiganians Day, career reinvention
- Access Spring 2016
- Mind Aerobics, Life Coaching, Becoming Tech Savvy, Making Home Modifications
- Access Fall 2015
- Books from Local Caregivers Offer Sage Advice to Others,Becoming an Effective Advocate for Your Loved One, Protecting Your Financial Investments, 16th Annual Caregiver Expo
- Access Summer 2015
- AAA 1-B Honors Local Leaders For Dedication to Older Adults, Screening Tool Helps Protect Vulnerable Seniors
- Access Spring 2015
- Get the most out of your Medicare experience, Innovative research and technology targets hearing aid issues, Local wellness programs inspire positive change in lives of participants
- Access Winter 2014/2015
- Exceptional Kids Honor Seniors, How Hospital Admitted Vs. Observation Status Impacts You, Legal Tips For Hiring A Caregiver, In-Home Paid Caregivers Go Above and Beyond
Fill Out the Form Below to Get Access Delivered Free to Your Mailbox