Address: 3621 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford, MI 48328
Phone: (248) 682-9450
Meals on Wheels
- Serves Waterford Township.
- Must be 60 and over and homebound (unable to leave the home without assistance)
- Service available Monday-Friday, 8:15 AM-3 PM. Provides medical, shopping and recreational transportation. Transportation is provided in Waterford, to St. Joseph Mercy-Oakland, North Oakland Medical Centers and parts of Clarkston. Weekly trips to Meijer. Provides curb to curb service. Van equipped with a wheelchair lift.
- Must be age 55 or older or disabled and reside in Waterford or within the Waterford school district, which includes Waterford Township and portions of White Lake, Independence, West Bloomfield, and Lake Angelus. Requests five-day advance notice.
- Tax preparation program and property tax assistance. Tax preparation program runs February-mid April. Appointments are necessary.
- Tax preparation program: Must be age 55 or older, and have a low income. Property tax assistance: Must be age 60 or older.
- Friendly visitor program offers home visits to homebound older adults.
- Must be homebound and a resident of Waterford Township.
Assistive Equipment Loan
- Has wheelchairs, walkers, canes and crutches, tub benches, commodes and other equipment available for loan. Deposit and time limit required for all equipment borrowed.
- Must be age 50 or older and a resident of Waterford school district.
- Ask the Attorney program. An attorney is available to answer legal questions or give advice on the first and last Tuesdays of each month 10-11 AM.
- Must be age 50 or older. Must make an appointment.
Adult Day Center
- Encore adult day care services are available Monday-Friday, 8 AM-4 PM.
- Will accept wheelchair users if no lifting is required. Can accommodate persons with continence problems if able to cooperate in care. Accepts persons with Alzheimer’s disease.