Address: 2300 East Grand River Avenue, Suite 107, Howell, MI 48843
Phone: (517)546-8500 and (248)209-2600
- The Welcome Center provides assistance with electric, gas, and deliverable fuel utilities. They can also provide assistance with SER applications, MEAP and Walk for Warmth.
- Must be a resident of Livingston County and meet income guidelines. Must show proof of income, need (past due or utility shut off notice) and number in household. Identification card with picture required.
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (Kinship)
- Grandparents Acting as Parents (GAP) offers support services for grandparents and other relatives caring for children. Services include support groups, educational programs, and recreational activities.
- Must be a resident of Oakland, Macomb or Livingston Counties.
- Livingston County’s Housing Resource Center provides referrals and services to aid in preventing homelessness, helping those already living in a shelter, and stopping an eviction.
- Serves individuals who will be homeless in 14 days or more due to an eviction, or who have lost their home and are living with family temporarily. Individuals who are already homeless may also be referred for possible future help.
- Senior Project Fresh provides eligible seniors with ten $2.00 coupons to purchase unprocessed, Michigan grown produce from local Farmers Markets between June 1st and October 31st of each year.
- Must be age 60 or older. Disabled persons age 18 or older who live in senior housing may also be eligible. Total household income must not exceed 185% of poverty.
- HIV/AIDs home support provides non-emergency transportation for medical and supportive services. Transportation available 7 days a week with evening hours.
- Serves persons with HIV virus or AIDs residing in Oakland County. Wheelchair users must be able to transfer independently.
- Free tax preparation services are offered on Saturdays from 10AM-2PM to low and moderate-income individuals and families from late January to mid-April.
- Annual income must be $35,000 or less for one person, and up to $54,000 in annual income for two.