Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (Macomb County Offices)

District 12/Clinton Township
Phone: (586) 412-6100
Website: michigan.gov/mdhhs

District 20/Warren
Phone: (586) 427-0600
Website: michigan.gov/mdhhs

District 36/Sterling Heights
Phone: (586) 254-1500
Website: michigan.gov/mdhhs

Utility Assistance

  • State Emergency Relief (SER) program provides limited assistance to individuals and families facing emergencies that threaten their health and safety. Covered services include rent payments to avoid homelessness, house and property tax payments when foreclosure or tax sales are imminent, home repairs, appliances and furniture for victims of fires and other disasters, assistance with heating, electric, and water bills, and burial assistance.
  • Must meet income and asset guidelines. Call for more information.

Ramp Construction

  • Physical Disabilities Services provide limited funding for durable medical equipment, mobility aids, ramps, and home modifications to enable functionally limited people to live as independently as possible.
  • Must be on Medicaid.

Housing Assitance

  • Adult community placement provides limited assistance to adults age 18 or older in locating and obtaining supportive housing in a licensed community setting (adult foster care, home for the aged, and nursing facility).
  • Must be on Medicaid.