Auburn Hills: (248) 537-3300 ext. 3803
St. Clair Shores: (586) 412-8494, ext. 4014
Adult Day Centers
- Catholic Charities of Southeastern Michigan (CCSEM) provides comprehensive adult day services for persons with dementia or other disabilities who need supervision and companionship.
- Must be age 18 or older. Can accommodate wheelchairs and people with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. Must be reasonably continent of bladder and bowel. Must be able to participate in activities without disruptive behavior.
- Senior companions will visit isolated or homebound individuals to provide social contact and companionship. Services may include companionship, light housekeeping, light meal preparation, respite for caregivers, and transportation to medical appointments, shopping, and recreational activities. No personal care or heavy cleaning is provided. Does not provide isolated transportation but only to clients in the program. The goal is to match companions to clients on an ongoing basis. The frequency of visits varies based on the needs of the client and the availability of companions.
- Must be age 18 or older and a resident of Macomb County. Serves the frail elderly, persons with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, individuals with physical or mental disabilities, and homebound individuals and their families.
- RSVP’s Phone Reassurance Program has screened and trained volunteers to provide friendly phone calls to older adults who are homebound, isolated or lonely. Calls can be made for the purpose of socialization, to check on well-being or to provide reminders. Service is based on volunteer and participant eligibility.
Food Pantry & Delivery
- Senior Outreach Program will deliver fresh groceries once a week for as long as an individual is in need.
- Must be a resident of Oakland, Macomb or Wayne Counties. Must be either low income, disabled or lack transportation.
Foster Grantparent Program
- Older adults serve 20 hours per week mentoring children with special needs in a variety of community settings. Benefits include tax free stipend, transportation, uniform, and meals.
- Must be age 55 or older, low income, physically able and a resident of Oakland County.
Home Based Mental Health Services
- Offers older adult counseling, including in-home services for homebound older adults. In-home appointments are available weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays.
- Serves all ages. Must be age 60 or older for older adult services.